Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Faith in Transition - Part 2


As Fall continued into Winter my heart would constrict with every thought of a possible transition.  I know my husband well enough to know he could do anything, anywhere, in any organization and excel.  It was only a matter of time and logistics before this Brian Fikkert dude from The Chalmer’s Center realized he had found a wealth of talent.  Ironically enough the ladies in my bible study were working our way through The Praying Life by Paul Miller.  As a result, I started leaving my iPod at home on my morning run so I could fill that time with prayer.  I was extremely convicted by the hold I was attempting to have on my life and started praying that God would help me to be able to pray for His will...whatever that looked like, wherever it led us.  God answered that prayer and continued his work of making my heart pliable.  He gave me a hunger for His will and started replacing desires I’d had for decades with new ones.  I've wanted to be a pastor's wife since I was 14.  I felt like I was called to be a pastor's wife my Junior year of High School and in college that calling was verified by a young southern boy named Andy. 

I blame our congregation for much of my hesitancy.  They were too easy to love and served us too faithfully for too long!  As God changed my heart’s desire I realized I would be able to say goodbye.  I wouldn’t like it.  It would hurt. But by God’s grace I could continue.  I started to think about having my husband home on Sunday mornings.  I wondered what it would be like to find a joint calling in a church and minister together in a specified capacity.  Wow!  I’m really handling this well…right?  Wrong.  There was one aspect of my life I was NOT willing to let go of…


1 comment: