Thursday, May 24, 2012

Proud Daughter!



This week we are experiencing a lot of finality.  Last day of junior high for Emma, last day of elementary for Eliot and last day of kindergarten for Daniel.  Sunday will be our last Lord’s day to worship at Peace until we come back to visit.  With so many lasts it’s refreshing to have a first!  For Christmas my mom wrote a story and gave a copy to each of her grand kids.  This past weekend she attended a writer’s conference for the first time and even entered her story into a competition.  For the first time…she WON said writer’s competition!  We aren’t entirely sure exactly what that means but one of the judges wants her to turn it into a novel and help her get an agent.  So exciting!

I’m proud of my mom’s story and I’m so proud she won but mostly I’m proud that my sweet Mama tried something new at the young age of 60.  

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. And if Mama needs a lawyer to review her contracts, I know where she can get one inexpensively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so inspiring! gives me hope for my indefinitely suspended project! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it Beth! I believe and I cannot wait to read Uncle Doug's story.

      Delete