Monday, May 14, 2012

Faith in Transition- Part 1

Last October I was asked to give a testimony at our Women's Retreat. The topic for the weekend? Transition. The ladies who were planning the weekend thought I might have something to say regarding my recent transition into the workplace. God on the other hand was allowing me to think objectively about His sovereignty in our lives even when change seems impossible to fathom much less overcome. I came home from that weekend at the beach feeling like God spoke through me to encourage the sweet ladies around me. Almost as soon as I walked in the door Andy said, "I found a job on Twitter I'd like to apply for." Barely having reentered the atmosphere of normal, pearls of wisdom I so boldly proclaimed not 24 hours earlier started rolling around in my brain. Life is one big transition, we are never promised comfort or even happiness in this life, we have all we need in Christ and no transition could take Him away, our life is not our own... "Sounds great!", says the adoring wife who hates to feel convicted.


Funny how often obedience starts on our lips and trickles through our hearts. The miraculous transformation in my soul was driven by a group of ladies who tell you like it is and miles of cold sweat. Stay tuned...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment